Once again, it’s been a while. I haven’t made time for these blog posts. I’ve neglected the blog…I’ll try not to do that again. In the meantime though, while you’re eagerly awaiting another blog post from me you can stay even more up to date with everything on my Nathan Monk Art Facebook page.
A couple weeks ago, I was chosen to be part of RAW’s October event, Provocations. On Thursday, October 11, I will be showcasing my latest artwork along with 15+ other artists and there will also be live music, a fashion show, two accessory designers there, and more! It will all be happening at Bartini’s, located at 39 West Jackson Plaza, #75 INDIANAPOLIS, IN. This is a wonderful opportunity to reach a new audience while being part of such a positive, creative group of people, and I’m very thankful for it.
You might be asking yourself, “What is RAW?” ”RAW:natural born artists is an independent arts organization that hand-selects and spotlights independent creatives in visual art, film, fashion, music, hair & makeup artistry, photography, models and performing art.
RAW events are multifaceted artistic showcases. Each event features a film screening, musical performances, a fashion show, an art gallery, an accessory designer, performance art and a featured hairstylist and makeup artist. These artists are all local, hand-picked talent, that were chosen to feature at RAW.”
It doesn’t just happen in Indianapolis either. It happens in 60+ cities across the United States and even in Australia!
You can check out my RAW online artist profile and buy tickets for the event there or at the Provocations event page. Tickets are only $10 in advance and $15 at the door. That’s a steal considering all the amazing talent, fun, and creativity packed under one roof. You can also check out the Facebook event page, share it, and invite your friends.
When buying tickets, you will be asked which artist you are supporting. That’s where you help me out and select my name. The more tickets I sell, the better. And after all, the more people who show up, the more fun we’ll all have.
Another great thing RAW does every year is RAWards. At the end of every RAW season, there is an annual indie arts awards show. It’s called RAWards. This year will mark the 4th annual RAWards season and show. Over the course of 2.5 months ALL RAW artists are eligible to participate in RAWards and perhaps win the national title of RAW Artist of the Year in their craft.
- Consultation with Shana Nys Dambrot, renowned art critic, writer & editor
- Consultation with Claudia Deutsch, owner of Artspace Warehouse
- Consultation with Kimya Nuwabi, Winner of Bravo’s Work of Art
- Exhibit in Downtown LA Artwalk
- Exhibit in Artspace Warehouse
- $500 certificate to Blick Art Supplies
- Opportunity to include art/prints in IndiExhibit celebrity award show gift bags (3 events)
- 1000 printed IndieCards from Bands on a Budget
- Write-up feature on Artslant.com
- Write-up feature on Staged Incident
- RAW’s Golden Ticket: Unlimited free showcases in any RAW location (50+ cities) during the 2013 season
- RAW:Visual Artist of the year Winner’s Seal & Accolade
- RAW On-Camera interview
- Honored at RAWards 2012 Ceremony as RAW:Visual Artist of the Year
- Featured on RAWartists.org
I know that’s a lot of information to take in all at once. Let’s recap.
1. I’ll be showing some new, original artwork soon. It will all be for sale.
2. You would have eternal gratitude if you purchased tickets and was a part of this great night.
3. You would also have my eternal gratitude if you voted for me in the 2012 RAWards.
4. Share on Facebook, Twitter, water cooler gossip, etc.
I can’t thank everyone enough for the ongoing and continued support throughout the years. You’ve made it an amazing experience to share my creations with you and I hope to share my work with more people each day. You can help. Spread the word.
Nathan Monk Art